Starting to serving: 90 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
- Spread each half Hot Cross Bun with butter and marmalade then lay them open, jam-side-up in a greased baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the other ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the Hot Cross Buns and squish them down a bit to get everything soaking.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or as long as you need to.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C, and bake the pudding until set in the centre, about 45 minutes.
- If you notice it’s getting too brown on top, pop some foil over it until the centre is cooked.
- Serve with custard or cream.