- Storage & Preparation
INGREDIENTS: ( Serve 4)
-Grain fed Short Ribs 1kg
-Black Berry 1 pack
-Red wine 1 bottle
-Carrot 1 piece
-Onion 1 piece
-Celery 1 bunch
-Flour 2 tablespoons
-Tomato paste 1 tablespoon
-Thyme 1 bunch
-Sage 3 leaves
-Garlic 3 pieces
1. Season short ribs with salt & pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large oven over medium-high heat.
3. Brown short ribs on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer short ribs to a plate.
4. Add onions,carrots,celery and black berry to pot and cook over medium-high heat,stirring often, until onions are browned about 5 minutes.
5. Add flour and tomato paste,cook and stirring constantly,until well combined and the color turn to deep red.
6. Stir in wine,then add short ribs with any accumulated juices.
7. Bring to a boil,lower heat to medium and simmer until wine is reduced by half (about 25 minutes).
8. Add all herbs to pot along with garlic. Stir in stock.
9 Medium heat to lower cook for 2 hours,until short ribs are tender.
10.Serve in shallow bowls over mashed potatoes,rice or plain pasta.