Mr Organic Chopped Tomatoes 400g
Did you know squashed tomatoes have more healthy goodness in them than tomatoes just off the stalk... and when they are cooked all that goodness just gets better and better!?
Apart from our tomatoes being picked when they are at their ripest following a long summer of sunbathing under the Italian sun, what makes our tomatoes different from all the others? Well, unlike others we don't add anything to our tins. If you don't know this already, most tinned tomatoes contain citric acid which is used as an acidity regulator. Ours are just squashed tomato and that is it!
Try out Jamie's Classic Tomato Spaghetti recipe!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- a bunch of fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g dried spaghetti
- olive oil
- 1 x 400g tin of Mr Organic Chopped Tomato
- - 100g Parmesan cheese
- Peel and finely slice the garlic. Finely slice chilli (halve and deseed it first if you don't want the sauce too hot).
- Pick the basil leaves off the stalks, put to one side and finely chop the stalks.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, put another large pan on a medium heat and add 2 good lugs of olive oil.
- Add the garlic, chilli and basil stalks and give them a stir.
- When the garlic begins to brown slightly, add most of the basil leaves and the tinned tomatoes.
- Turn the heat up high and stir for a minute, season with salt and pepper.