Order before 3 PM for next day delivery!
Made by Billy Kevan and his team in Nottinghamshire, Colston Bassett is one of the only hand-ladled Stiltons. Hand-ladling produces an intensely rich and creamy cheese; and the Colston Bassett flavour is deep, lingering and complex.
Milk type: Pasteurised cows’ milk
Rennet: Vegetarian rennet
Cheesemaker: Billy Kevan
Style: Creamy and rich
• Hand-ladled and made with vegetarian rennet, little has altered at Colston Bassett since they started in 1913.
• It is still owned by a co-operative of local dairy farmers who originally set-up the dairy.
• These farmers still supply the dairy with all it’s milk from local pastures, although have consolidated over the years from an original 18 to 4.
• Billy Kevan, the head cheese-maker is only the fourth to hold this title since 1920.
• Interesting Fact: During the Second World War Stilton production was stopped and Cheddar was made here.
• Tastes: Creamy and rich: dissipating on the tongue, slightly sweet with a minerally tang.
Sign up to receive exclusive deals and the latest news.
You've just added this product to the cart:
You've just deleted this product from the cart: