- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Season the beef and saute with the bacon in a casserole pan until golden brown (around 3-5mins), then turn over and fly the other side until the meat is browned all over.
- In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot and garlic until lightly browned.
- Return the beef to the pan, sprinkle with plain flour and stir through.
- Pour over the red wine, add the bay leaves and thyme.
- Place dish in pre-heat oven for 2-3 hours or until tender.
- Serve in bowls with mashed potato!