- 2 pcs Grain-fed Ribeye 200-250g
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 60g Butter
- 200g Morning Glory
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper to taste
SAUCE DIANE Ingredients:
- 20g Olive oil
- 50g Shallots (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 200g Mixed mushroom, sliced (button, shimeji, shitake – whichever mushroom you like!)
- 30g Unsalted butter
- 45g Dijon mustard
- 30g Worcestershire sauce
- 50ml Brandy
- 250ml Cream
- Sea Salt & Cracked pepper
NDUJA BUTTER Ingredients:
- 50g Nduja (salami paste!)
- 115g Salted butter
- Method : Soften butter and whisk together with nduja. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make a sauce - Heat oil in large size saute pan and add sliced shallots. Sweat shallots, stir with wooden spoon and cook until soft (approx. 10min). Try not to get any colour on the shallots.
- Add minced garlic & sliced mushrooms and increase the heat to high.
- Saute mushrooms until golden brown and add butter.
- Let the butter get nice and foamy, then add the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire.
- Add brandy and cook off the alcohol, then add cream once the alcohol has burned off.
- Bring to boil then turn down heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Check and adjust seasoning. Keep warm somewhere close.
- Whip the butter & nduja together. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- For the steak - Season the steaks liberally with salt and cracked pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan and add steak. For MR – cook on one side until blood starts to bead on top. Turn steak and continue cooking (approx. 7mins each side). Add cracked garlic, thyme and butter. Foam butter and spoon, the hot butter over the steak. Be careful not to burn the butter. If the butter is getting too dark, turn down the heat a bit. Take steak out of the pan and let it rest.
- If you like the ribeye more well done, place onto rack on a tray and put in pre-heated oven until it reaches your desired cooking temperature.
- Blanch morning glory in a pot of hot, salted water.
- Heat a pan, add nduja butter and melt slightly. Add the vegetable and gently saute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate ribeye and garnish with morning glory and the sauce diane.