deSiam Coconut Cream (Small) 165ml
Coconut cream is very similar to coconut milk but contains less water. Thick and luscious with a complexity and depth in flavour. Coconut cream is used as an ingredient in cooking Thai and Oriental dishes including curries, desserts and marinades.
Recipe: Chicken Green Curry
- 400ml Coconut Cream
- 70g green curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 4 pieces kaffir lime leaves
- 2 pieces dried chilli
- 250g chicken meat (diced)
- 100g pumpkin or aubergines
- 60g baby corn
1. Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a sauce pan until very hot. Add 70g green curry paste.
2. Stir-fry then add 1 tbsp coconut cream. Stir gently to avoid burning then add 1 tbsp coconut cream again.
3. Add 250g chicken meat (sliced). Stir-fry, then add again 1 tbsp coconut cream. Stir-fry until cooked through.
4. Add 250ml coconut cream then 100ml water. Simmer for a while.
5. Add diced seasonal vegetables (100g aubergines or pumpkin, 60g baby corns). Lower the heat and simmer for a while until vegetables are soft and tender.
Season with 1 tsp fish sauce.