deSiam Coconut Cream 400ml
Coconut cream is very similar to coconut milk but contains less water. Thick and luscious with a complexity and depth in flavour. Coconut cream is used as an ingredient in cooking Thai and Oriental dishes including curries, desserts and marinades.
Recipe: Chicken Green Curry
- 400ml Coconut Cream
- 70g Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 4 pieces Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 pieces Dried chilli
- 250g chicken meat (diced)
- 100g pumpkin or aubergines
- 60g baby corn
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a sauce pan until very hot.
- Add 70g green curry paste.
- Stir-fry then add 1 tbsp coconut cream.
- Stir gently to avoid burning then add 1 tbsp coconut cream again.
- Add 250g chicken meat (sliced).
- Stir-fry, then add again 1 tbsp coconut cream.
- Stir-fry until cooked through. Add 250ml coconut cream then 100ml water.
- Simmer for a while. Add diced seasonal vegetables (100g aubergines or pumpkin, 60g baby corns).
- Lower the heat and simmer for a while until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Season with 1 tsp fish sauce. Garnish with 4 dried kaffir lime leaves and 2 dried red chillies.
- Serve with steamed white rice.