deSiam Fish Sauce 60ml
Fish sauce serves as the official replacement for salt in Thai cuisine. Great depth of flavour (without an overly fishy aroma). Add it to your curries, soups and stir fries as the salt component for a balanced Thai dish. Made from premium freshly caught anchovies fermented in salt.
This product contains fish.
Try the famous Vietnamese dipping sauce (Nuoc Cham) to go with your spring rolls!
- 3 Thai bird chilies or 1 serrano chili, or to taste -
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrots for garnish (optional)
1. Cut the chilies into thin rings. Remove one-third of the chilies and set aside for garnish.
2. Place the remaining chilies, garlic and sugar in a mortar, and pound into a coarse, wet paste.
3. Transfer to a small bowl and add the water, lime juice and fish sauce. Stir well to dissolve.
4. Add the reserved chilies and carrots. Set aside for 10 minutes before serving.