- 500g Beef Chuck
- 50g Streaky Bacon
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 pc, diced Onion
- 1 pc, diced Carrot
- 4 Mushroom
- Handful of Thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 bottle of Red Wine
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Season the beef and saute with the bacon in a casserole pan until golden brown (around 3-5mins), then turn over and fly the other side until the meat is browned all over.
- In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot and garlic until lightly browned.
- Return the beef to the pan, sprinkle with plain flour and stir through.
- Pour over the red wine, add the bay leaves and thyme.
- Place dish in pre-heat oven for 2-3 hours or until tender.
- Serve in bowls with mashed potato!