From starting to serving: 10 minutes + marinating time. Active Time: 10 minutes.
How the chefs explain it:
Marinade beef strips, stir-fry to med-rare, glaze with chilli jam, chilli powder and fish sauce, serve.
- Mix the coriander stems, cumin, salt and fish sauce. Coat the beef and refrigerate for as little as an hour, or as long as overnight.
- Set your wok over maximum heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oil, then the beef and stir fry for 2-3 minutes for medium-rare.
- Turn down the heat and add chilli jam, adding a little water if necessary.
- Season with chilli powder, pepper and extra fish sauce.
- Check the seasoning: it should be hot, salty, sweet and aromatic from the spices.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.