From starting to serving: 45 minutes. Active time: 15 minutes. Serves two.
How the chefs explain it:
Combine a brunoise of shallots with truffle vinegar for the mignonette. Dice chilled tenderloin, plate with condiments and baguette crisps. Serve!
- Pop your tenderloin in the freezer for about 30 mins.
- Dressing time:
- Cut the shallots into tiny dice, as finely as you can.
- Mix with the vinegar and put into a nice little serving dish and leave to steep.
- Et voila!
- Slice baguette into very thin slices, seriously, more than 2mm is too thick.
- Lay them on an oven sheet and bake at 180° for 4 mins, until just golden.
- Get the beef out, slice into sheets, then strips then dice. The size is up to you here, chunky, a little rough, really fine, it’s a matter of personal preference.
- Keep it cold. Cook with the air-con on, put the beef back in the fridge when you’re done cutting.
- Just before serving, arrange everything on a plate. Put the beef in the centre with the egg yolk on top, arrange garnishes as you like.
- To eat, mix beef and condiments as you see fit, scoop onto a baguette chip and guzzle.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness. Please be aware of the risks involved, and ensure a high standard of hygiene when preparing and eating.