From starting to serving: 55 minutes. Active time: 15 minutes. Serves Two.
How the chefs explain it:
Make a vanilla creme patissiere, bake half, add berries, then the other half and bake till golden. Simple!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a small baking dish.
- Strain the liquor from the Boozy Berries into a large mixing bowl, and set the berries aside.
- Add everything other than the berries (boozy and otherwise) to the bowl.
- Beat until smooth and frothy, maybe one or two minutes.
- Pour a 1cm layer of batter in the baking dish. Put in the oven for about three minutes until the batter is just set.
- Spread both berries over the batter. Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the top is puffed and golden, and a tester plunged into its centre comes out clean.
Serve in the baking dish with a generous scoop of vanilla gelato, two spoons and two glasses of Hip Sip Muscat.