BRAISED SHORT RIBS WITH RED WINE & PEPPER SAUCE (4 PEOPLE)
- 1 kg Grain-fed short ribs
- 1 pack Black berry
- 1 Bottle Red wine
- 1 piece Carrot
- 1 piece Onion
- 1 bunch Celery
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 bunch Thyme
- 3 leaves Sage
- 3 pieces Garlic
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Brown short ribs on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer short ribs to a plate.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and black berry to pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until onions are browned about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and tomato paste, cook and stirring constantly, until well combined and the color turn to deep red.
- Stir in wine, then add short ribs with any accumulated juices.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer until wine is reduced by half (about 25 minutes).
- Add all herbs to pot along with garlic. Stir in stock.
- Medium heat to lower cook for 2 hours, until short ribs are tender.
- Serve in shallow bowls over mashed potatoes, rice or plain pasta.