From starting to serving: 30 minutes. Active Time: 20 minutes.
How the chefs explain it:
Render the chorizo, brown the chicken in seasoned oil, soften mirepoix. Simmer meats with aromats and stock, add kale and beans to soften then serve.
- Cut the chorizo into 1cm thick ‘coins’.
- Add oil to a large, deep pan over medium heat, add chorizo and fry gently until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan with tongs, leaving the flavoured oil.
- Turn the heat up to high, fry chicken thighs until well browned on both sides, then remove from the pan, still leaving the oil in the pan.
- Return the heat to medium, add onions, celery and carrot and stir while cooking till translucent, not browned.
- Add the chorizo, chicken, bay leaves, thyme, stock, salt & pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale, chickpeas and cannellini beans and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until the kale is tender.