From starting to serving: 15 minutes. Active time: 15 minutes. Serves 4.
How the chefs explain it:
First, make sure your pan is nice and hot, heat the oil then cook the burger 3 mins per side. Cheese, onion jam, done.
- Split the buns in half and warm in an oven, toaster oven or grill.
- Heat a heavy-based pan over high heat.
- Season the patties generously with salt and pepper.
Spray the pan with oil then cook patties until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the cheese and cover the pan and cook for one more minute.
- Assemble your burger and dig in!
This is a seriously rich affair, you’ll need something to cut through it all. You need a beer. Try Gweilo American IPA.