From starting to serving: 10 minutes. Active time: 10 minutes. Serves two.
How the chefs explain it:
Concentrate, a few things happening at once here, but you can do it.
Grab all the ingredients here.
- Take the ham out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature.
- Stand your Hollandaise sauce in a bowl of recently boiled water to warm it up.
- Bring a wide, deep pan of water to the boil, then turn the heat down to minimum.
- Put the slices of bread in the toaster.
- While the toast is cooking, hold the eggs as close as you can to the surface of the simmering water and crack them in.
- Leave the eggs to poach for 4 minutes, then lift gently from the water with a slotted spoon and dry on a clean tea towel.
- Lay the toast on a plate, top with ham then egg, and spoon over as much Hollandaise as you like.
- It’s Mother’s Day, so deliver your eggs and go and wash the dishes!