Starting to serving: 2.5 hours
Active time: 40 minutes
- Lift the duck legs out of their fat and scrape all the fat into a large Dutch oven. Set the legs aside for now.
- Heat the fat over medium high heat, add the pancetta and fry until golden then remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the lamb and brown each cube well on all sides, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the sausages and brown on all sides, remove.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan. (Keep the removed fat in the fridge for some amazing roast potatoes.)
- Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring regularly until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the dried herbs then the tomato paste.
- Add the beans and 1 litre of stock and stir everything well.
- Return the browned meats and the duck legs to the pan.
- Add stock as necessary to ensure beans are submerged.
- Cover the pan and bake in a 180॰ for 1.5 hours.
- Remove the lid, turn the oven up to 220॰ for the last 20 minutes to form a golden crust.
- Festoon with chopped parsley and serve at the table in the pot.