- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 150ml cream
- 90g butter
- 1 fat leek
- 2 heaped tbsp flour
- 150ml dry cider
- 100ml milk
- 480g mixed seafood
- 50g parmesan
- Add potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water. Add a generous pinch of salt and boil for 10-15 minutes, until a potato can fall apart with the touch of a fork, then drain.
- Add cream and 60g of butter and mash until quite smooth then set aside.
- Slice leek lengthways and cut into 2cm lengths then wash thoroughly and drain.
- Cook leeks with the rest of the butter and a pinch of salt, stirring over low to medium heat for 15 minutes, until they are thoroughly softened.
- Add flour, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cider and stir until thickened, then add the milk and do the same.
- Add seafood and stir to incorporate before transferring mix to a pie dish.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes on top and smooth them down carefully.
- Top with Parmesan and bake in the oven at 180° for 15 minutes or until golden.