- 300g green beans - topped, but not tailed
- 6 garlic cloves - unpeeled
- 100g salted butter - room temperature
- Sea salt & pepper
- 4 lemon cheeks
- Put a pot of salted water on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Add the garlic cloves and boil for 3 minutes, possibly while you're topping the beans.
- Add the green beans and boil for another 3 minutes.
- Drain everything, set the beans aside in a warm place.
- Squeeze the garlic out of their skins and mash together with the butter, with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together and serve hot with the lemon cheeks on the side.