Starting to serving: 30 minutes
Active time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 as a side dish
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with cold, well-salted water.
- Bring to the boil, turn the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are just cooked through.
- Drain thoroughly, letting the steam carry away any excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, cook the lardons till crispy.
- Add the potatoes to the bacon pan and toss gently. You want to cover the potatoes in bacon fat, but don't let them break up too much.
- Add the oil, verjuice, mustard and salt to a large bowl. Whisk vigorously to emulsify. Everything will combine and become a little creamy looking.
- Add the warm potatoes and bacon and all the herbs to the bowl and toss to coat everything in the dressing.
- Tumble onto a serving platter and sprinkle crushed peppercorns over the top.