From starting to serving: 20 minutes + marinating overnight
Active time: 20 minutes. Serves 4.
How the chefs explain it:
Marinate chicken thighs overnight, skewer, char-grill and serve family-style with garnishes.
- Cut the chicken into strips and put into a zip lock bag.
- Add the salt, seal the bag and shake to coat.
- Add the chilli paste, seal the bag, squeezing out all the air, then massage the marinade all around the chicken so everything is coated.
- Leave the chicken to marinate overnight.
- Thread the chicken loosely onto skewers making sure it is not too bunched up
- Preheat your BBQ or grill pan to medium-high and grill for 5-6 minutes, turning regularly until chicken is cooked through and nicely charred.
- Serve on a platter with garnishes and cold beers.