From starting to serving: 90 minutes. Active Time: 15 minutes.
How the chefs explain it:
This recipe uses the other half of the panettone that you didn’t eat. It works even better if you’re panettone is a little dried out, which it probably is.
- Rub butter liberally around a baking dish to grease it then tumble in your panettone.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the other ingredients.
- Pour the custard over the panettone and squish it down a bit to get everything soaking.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or as long as you like.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C, uncover the pudding and bake until set in the centre, about 45 minutes.
- If you notice it’s getting too brown on top, pop some foil over it until the centre is cooked.
- Serve with cream.