Starting to serving: 15 minutes
Active time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6 as a side dish
- 250g back bacon - cut into lardons
- 6 spring onions, white part only, trimmed, halved
- 80g unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 500g frozen peas, defrosted
- 60ml chicken stock
- bottom ¼ of a cos lettuce, shredded
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, add speck and fry until golden, 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion and butter and stir occasionally until the onion is tender, another 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas and stock, bring to the simmer.
- Add lettuce and simmer until lettuce is tender and liquid is reduced to coating consistency, yet another 3-4 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve warm.