Quick and easy - still fresh and tasty?! Impossible you say? Let us prove you otherwise. Here's a very simple easy-to-make pesto sauce to toss through pasta. Also great with chicken breast, stirred through mashed potatoes or used as a veggie dip. Ingredients available online and in all shops. Click to watch our recipe reel, try it and tag us!
- 1. Roast the pine nuts then chop them finely with a sharp knife.
- 2. Mix the pine nuts with Parmesan.
- 3. Crush the garlic on a microplane.
- 4. Chop the fresh basil very finely in small batches.
- 5. Mix the chopped basil with the garlic, olive oil, Parmesan and pine nuts, then stir in lemon juice. Season to taste.
- 6. For the pasta, bring the pan to a boil and add salt until the water tastes like the ocean!
- 7. Follow the cooking instructions on the packet, but cook for 1 minute less.
- 8. Strain the pasta and reserve half a cup of the cooking water.
- 9. Place the pasta into a pan and add in the cooking water. Drizzle one tbsp of olive oil and one tbsp of Parmesan, and cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- 10. Take the pan off the heat and mix in the pine nut pesto, making sure the pasta is wet and saucy!
- 11. Top with any extra pesto sauce and Parmesan then enjoy!