- Unwrap your porchetta and leave in on a tray in the fridge overnight. This will help get the skin really dry for excellent crackling.
- Take the porchetta out of the fridge for at least an hour to bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 165°C.
- Rub the skin vigorously with the salt and oil.
- Place the porchetta on a roasting trivet in an oven tray and roast for 1.5 hours, rotating every 20 minutes. (If you have a meat thermometer, move onto the next step when the internal temperature reaches 45°C)
- Turn the heat up to 200°C and roast for a final 15-20 minutes (or until 56°C inside).
- If the skin looks like it’s going to burn, cover loosely with foil.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest uncovered for 30 minutes before slicing into generous rounds.