- 50g butter
- 150g shallots - diced
- 250g mushrooms - sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 250ml dry white wine
- 400ml beef stock
- 20g tarragon leaves - chopped
- Sea salt & pepper
- Add 1/3 of the butter to a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots, and cook, stirring until golden brown, but not at all crisp.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring periodically, until mushrooms are soft.
- Add wine and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Whisk in remaining butter stirring well to incorporate.
- Stir in tarragon leaves, taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.