Starting to serving: 35 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2-4 as a sauce
- Add 1/3 of the butter to a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots, and cook, stirring until golden brown, but not at all crisp.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring periodically, until mushrooms are soft.
- Add wine and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Whisk in remaining butter stirring well to incorporate.
- Stir in tarragon leaves, taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.