Toad in the Hole
From starting to serving: 45 minutes. Active time: 15 minutes. Serves 4.
How the chefs explain it:
Skin some fat sausages, wrap them in bacon, bake them in Yorkshire pudding batter for about half an hour.
- Whisk together the eggs, flour, milk, water, mustard and seasoning. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Remove the skin from each of the sausages.
- Wrap each sausage in bacon.
- Heat the duck fat in a roasting tin in the oven until it is smoking.
- Pour in the batter - it will sizzle softly in the hot fat - then arrange the sausages in the batter.
- Put the tin back into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve with red onion gravy.