From starting to serving: 30-40 minutes. Active time: 30 minutes. Serves 6.
How the chefs explain it:
Char some octopus, boil some new potatoes and toss in rendered chorizo. Then it’s just an assembly job. Simples.
- Let’s start with setting the table. On the table put the piquillo peppers, pearl onions, harissa, coriander, lemons, six plates and a handful of spoons.
- Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water, bring to the boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes until just tender then drain.
- While the potatoes boil, warm each tortilla on a hot griddle or BBQ until it blackens slightly on both sides. Wrap them in a clean kitchen towel and set aside, keeping them warm. (Alternatively, pop the whole stack just as they are in a warm oven)
- Slice the chorizo into coins and cook over medium heat until they start to become a little crispy.
- Add the garlic and potatoes to the chorizo, toss to coat and set aside somewhere warm.
- Toss the octopus in a very hot pan with the olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper to warm it through and get a little char.
- Bring the warm elements to the table, get all your friends to sit down and assemble as they please.