From starting to serving: 30 hours. Active time: 30 minutes. Serves 4.
How the chefs explain it:
Marinate lamb steaks in garlic, oregano & oil. Toss watermelon, cucumber & mint in a lime vinaigrette then top with feta. Sear steaks to medium rare and serve.
Pan-Seared Lamb Steaks
- Add the oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pat your steaks thoroughly dry then cover them on both sides with the marinade and set aside at room temperature for about 20 minutes, while you make the salad.
- Place a pan over high heat and leave it to become very hot.
- Lay the steaks in the pan and sear for two minutes on each side until a golden crust forms.
- Season the lamb with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Reduce the heat to medium, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and leave them to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Put the olive oil, lime, salt & pepper into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut the watermelon into 2cm cubes and add to the bowl
- Cut the cucumber length-ways and use a spoon to remove the watery seeds then slice thickly. Add to the watermelon.
- Stack all the mint leaves on top of one another, roll them into a cigar and use your sharpest knife to cut them into thin strands. Add them too.
- Toss the bowl to coat everything in the dressing.
- Finally, use your fingers to crumble the feta on top.