From starting to serving: 13 hours. Active time: 1 hour. Serves 4.
How the chefs explain it: Sear the ribs, braise in lamb stock, reheat in a maple glaze then garnish with kewpie mayo, sichimi, sesame powder & lime zest & cheek.
- 8 lamb ribs
- 2 L lamb stock (see recipe)
- 60ml maple syrup
- 150g Kewpie mayonnaise
- 30g Sriracha
- 2 tsp (5g) Shichimi Togarashi
- 2 tbsp (15g) white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp (5g) black sesame seeds
- 1 lime, zest
- 4 lime cheeks
- Sear the lamb ribs in a hot pan on all sides until nicely brown.
- Bring the stock to the boil then pour over ribs in an ovenproof tray.
- Braise at 100०C for 12 hours. Or sous vide at 78०C for 6 hours.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Mix together kewpie and sriracha to make sriracha mayo.
- Grind the sesame seeds in a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle to make a powder.
- Brush the ribs with maple syrup and reheat in a hot oven for 8 minutes.
- Coat with sriracha mayo, then shichimi, then sesame powder, then lime zest.
- Serve with lime cheeks.